It is important you MUST NOT have any other vaccine or immunisation 14 days before or after your Covid 19 Astrazeneka vaccine.
The Astrazeneka vaccine requires 2 doses given 12 weeks apart.
You should not attend a COVID-19 vaccination appointment if you:
• Are unwell with fever, cough, runny nose or other symptoms that could be from COVID-19.
• Are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
• Have tested positive with COVID-19 and you are in isolation.
• Are in quarantine. • Are a close contact of someone with COVID-19.
What to expect at your vaccination appointment
You should bring the following to your COVID-19 vaccination appointment:
• Photo ID, if you have one.
• Medicare card, if you have one.
• Employee ID, if you are getting a COVID-19 vaccine because of your occupation.
• Information about any of your medical conditions, allergies, bleeding disorders or immunocompromise (i.e. weakened immune system).
• Information about any medications you are taking.
• Information about any previous COVID-19 vaccine received (vaccine brand and date of vaccination).
• Information about any reactions you have had to any vaccine in the past.
• Name of your current GP/s and any specialist doctors you see.
• A face mask (if required by your state/territory).
At your appointment, you will be able to discuss any questions you have about COVID-19 vaccination with your immunisation provider.
Tell your immunisation provider if you have any medical conditions or if you are taking any medications.
Especially make sure to tell them if you:
• Have had anaphylaxis (a type of severe allergic reaction) to any substance, or if you have an adrenaline autoinjector (e.g. EpiPen).
• Have had a reaction to any vaccine in the past.
• Have a bleeding disorder or are receiving anticoagulant therapy (a blood thinner).
• Are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning pregnancy.
• Are immunocompromised (i.e. have a weakened immune system or take immune suppressing medication).
• Have received another COVID-19 vaccine (and which brand).
• Have received any vaccine in the last 14 days.
In some circumstances, it may be better to have a discussion with your healthcare provider about vaccination before making an appointment for vaccination.
For more information on the Covid Vaccine please use the following links: